Everyone wants to get the most they can from an investment, but I consistently see business owners failing to capitalize on their content.
Part of what makes content marketing so great is that it integrates seamlessly into other marketing strategies.
So, how do you take a blog or video and turn it into something more?
You repurpose your content.
Use blog content for:
- Social media posts
Submit it to:
- Video sites such as YouTube
- Radio shows or podcasts
- How-to sites
- Consumer magazines and periodicals
- Online magazines
- Online guest columns for newspapers
- Modify it slightly and submit it to other blogs as a guest blogger
- Modify and submit it to industry blogs
- Turn it into a press release and submit it to PRWEB.com
Pay attention to your content that gets a lot of attention, and incorporate that type of information into hot freebies that help encourage opt-ins that build your list.
If you speak for groups or events, cover the topics that have the highest traffic to your site by crafting a speech around high-traffic blogs.
Here are some important things to keep in mind:
- Make the content valuable and relevant to your customer. It should solve a problem or remove their pain.
- Keep your content focused and in line with your overall marketing strategy.
- Make sure there is always a call to action taking them to your website where they can opt-in to your mailing list.
- If you pay a copywriter to produce copy, you’ll need their permission to use the material outside of its original form, especially if you are submitting it to sources that will publish it with your name listed as the author.
- Use keywords and phrases that are promising but missing from your competitors’ material. You’ll boost SEO and gain traffic instead of being swallowed by more established businesses.
Repurposing is a great way to make the most out of your content and give the highest return on your copy investment.
P.S. At Musial Marketing, we help entrepreneurs double, triple and 10x their business by branding themselves online with clarity on who they are and expressing that message, so people see the authentic YOU. We do this through messaging, storytelling, images and video. Think you might be ready to work with Musial Marketing? Click HERE.