Can a small business compete with a larger, more established business?
If you’re new to business or a small business with an online presence that isn’t getting much attention, you may be wondering if it’s even possible to show up on the first page of a search or get any media attention.
I’ve got good news for you. It’s possible.
My client, Cold Country Vines & Wines, had press coverage that led to people driving over two hours to attend their grand opening. Others, like Erik Robertson, increased the effectiveness of their online presence.
What does it take?
For a small business to successfully compete with larger, established businesses, your marketing approach needs to include:
- A quality product or service
- An in-depth understanding of your customers’ pain points
- Thorough knowledge of how your product or service solves customers’ pain points
- A well-designed website
- SEO for the website and all content coupled with strategic keywords
- Marketing strategy with an emphasis on website optimization and content
- Repurposing content to maximize return on investment for its production
- Ways to work smarter instead of harder
If you try to copy exactly what larger, established businesses do, it won’t work. Don’t waste time matching their strengths and approach.
It’s important to understand what they do, but it’s their weaknesses and missed opportunities that you’re looking for when you study larger business.
Big companies have been doing what they do for much longer, and they’re likely much better at it. It works for them, and they’ve spent time and money optimizing their approach.
What you need is a way to stand out and be different.
- Is there a vital customer pain point or problem that your competition is missing?
- Are there promising keywords that aren’t being used?
- Is there an aspect of your service that is unique to your business?
- What makes you different?
As a small business, you can compete with larger businesses by defining what makes you different and using it in your marketing strategy.
At Musial Marketing, we help entrepreneurs brand themselves online by getting clarity on who they are and expressing that message, so people see the authentic YOU. We do that through unmatched personal service. Think you might be ready to work with Musial Marketing? Click HERE.